The steam locomotives of type XII HV were the second version of the new 2'C express train locomotives ordered by the Saxon State Railways. These locomotives were delivered in 1908 by the Maschinefabrik Hartmann in Chemnitz. The locomotives had four cylinder superheated transmissions with one inner high pressure cylinder and one outer low pressure cylinder, they drove the first axle. In the following years Hartmann delivered the following numbers of locomotives:
1908 = 8
1911 = 5
1912 = 9
1913 = 9
1914 = 11
The locomotives got the numbers 7 up to 14 and 22 up to 55. At different locomotives, different groups and generators were used. Number 34 got an extra oilheater, and numbers 41 up to 47 and 48 up to 55 got smoke burners, numbers 51 up to 55 got extra waterheaters of type Atlas. Mainly all locomotives were equiped with gas lighting. After the first world war number 12 was handed over to the SNCB, number 44 was going to the French East railways and number 49 was going to the AL.
In service at the DRG
The DRG took over 39 locomotives and put them into service as BR 17.7 with the numbers: 17 701 up to 17 734 (S35.16) and 17 751 up to 17 755 (S35.17). From 1932 only the 17 717 had smoke deflectors. From 1925 to 1936 all locomotives are set aside.
|Diameter loopwielen (voor/achter):
Lengte over de buffers
(met tender sä. 3T12):