Begin 1939 AEG delivered two prototype locomotives, meant for express train services on the line Berlin-München. These locomotives, the E 19 01 and the E 19 02 were further developed from the E 18. Due to the out break of the second world war, the services on this line stopped so the development of the E 19 stopped too. The service of the E 19 was not without problems. Sometimes the locomotives were not able to ride because long reperations. Both locomotives belonged to the Bw Nürnberg Hbf and were mainly riding on the line between München and Saalfeld. At the end of 1942 both locomotives were moved to Bw Leipzig Hbf.
|The E 19 electric locomotive|
For the same purpose as the E 19, Henschel and SSW built two another prototype locomotives, the E 19.1. These two locomotives were delivered in September 1939 and July 1940 as E 19 11 and E 19 12. The locomotives differed from the E 19 by another electrical installation, and these locomotives had a motor on each driven axle. The locomotives had also a fine regulation for the driving motors. With a capacity of 5700 kW at 162 km/h, these locomotives were long time one of the strongest locomotives of Germany. Like the E 19 these locomotives were very sensitive for failures. Both locomotives belonged to the Bw Nürnberg Hbf.
|Diameter driving wheels:
|Diameter carrying wheels:
||100 cm/100 cm, 191 110 cm/110 cm
||4000 kW @ 180,0 km/h, 191 4000 kW @ 180,0 km/h
||220kN, 191 208 kN
||15 kV ~/16 2/3 Hz
||113,0 t, 191 110,7 t