dbtrains.com | about | faq | sitemap |
 
 

Salon coaches

Mitropa salon coaches
Salon6
Salon4/Sleeper
SalWR4

Mitropa salon coaches


All Mitropa salon coaches came from the train of the emperor of Germany, from before the first world war. A couple of coaches were taken over by Mitropa in 1922 and were transformed to Salon coaches. These salon coaches were riden from the summer of 1925 in train FD 111/112 Hook of Holland-Berlin and in train FD 164/163 Hook of Holland-Basel (until 1927/28). From June 1927 in train FD 24/23 Berlin-Altona and from summer 1928 on the same route in train FD 26/25. The salon coaches L1 up to L6 were used in these trains, and in the trains FD 111/112 until the winter of 1933/34 and in train FD 24/23 until the summer of 1930. Salon/sleeper L51 was used in train D 8/7 Berlin-Kassel. Most of the coaches were built by Breslauer AG für Eisenbahn-Wagenbau und Maschinenbau-Anstalt, a couple of coaches were built by Wumag.

Salon6


These salon coaches were originally the imperial coaches: 3, 3A, 4, 4A and 6A. At Mitropa the coaches were numbered with the numbers L1 up to L5. The six axle coaches 3 and 3A (L1 and L2) were originally meant to carry the male court officials (Herrengefolgewagen). Coach 3A was the second coach 3A, since there were two coaches 3A. This coach 3A was built in 1907 by Wumag.

Like the coaches 3 and 3A, the coaches 4, 4A and 6A (L3, L4 and L5) were meant to carry the female court officials (Damengefolgewagen). These coaches had also six axles.

The coaches L1 up to L5 were set aside in 1935 and were sold to private companies in 1936.

Salon4/Sleeper


This coach was originally the first coach 3A, built in 1901 by Breslau. This four axle coach was transformed to a salon/sleeper and got from Mitropa number L6. In the emperial train, this coach was meant to carry the male court officials (Herrengefolgewagen). This coach was set aside in 1935 and was sold in 1936.

SalWR4


This coach was transformed to a salon/dining coach. This four axle coach was orginally dining car number 7 in the emperial train. At Mitropa it became coach number L51. This coach was set aside in 1936, and was standing in München until 1939.