Mitropa sleeping cars
To make travelling for the average people more comfortable, the Reichsverkehrsministerium ordered sleeping coaches third class by Linke-Hofmann-Werke in Breslau. In the beginning the coaches were used on the connection Berlin-Frankfurt/M-Köln. They could lengthen the coaches a little bit because the coaches were wider than the standard express train coaches. After trying several designs of the interior, for example placing the beds in length or at right angles to the sidewalls, they choosed finally for 12 compartment of 1220 mm length. There was one conductor compartment of 700 mm length, 2 wash compartments and 2 entrance compartments. The construction of the coaches was almost similar to the coaches of Bauart 1921 and the Hechtcoaches. The coaches were equiped with bogies of the American type. The weighed 43,0 ton. In total there were 23 coaches built between 1921 and 1924.
The coaches had a length of 21.410 mm with the buffers included, the wide was 2870 mm. The brakes were of type Kksbr. Coach number 02 005 was exhibited in 1924 on the "Eisenbahntechnischen Austellung" in Seddin.
The coaches were provided with old style corridors. The compartments had no doors between the compartments. There were three places of each 620 mm wid eto sleep in each compartment. The sleep places had unattached mattresses with pillows, the compartments were provided with folding tables and three pegs.
The coaches were rented by Mitropa from the DSG from 1 June 1926.